Our Safety Plan
We are committed to following the best recommended practices for health and safety in these times. Please find below our safety plan.
Acceptance of Risk and Non – Liability
- All massage therapy treatment involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission
- Our clinic staff and your RMT are following protocols to reduce or mitigate risks. However no protocols are perfect and mistakes are possible, therefore the risk cannot be reduced to zero.
- As we cannot reduce risk to zero, we are requesting that clients with compromised immune systems or at risk of serious complications avoid treatment at this time.
- By choosing to proceed with treatment you are accepting all risk of exposure and agree not to hold the clinic liable for any and all potential exposure to COVID-19 resulting from the treatment or your time in the clinic.
Steps we are taking:
We will be following or exceeding the BC Centre for Disease Control’s recommended “Environmental Cleaning and Disinfectants for Clinical Settings” and any further recommendations posted by the College Of Massage Therapists of BC. This means that we’ll be cleaning and disinfecting a lot.
Staff and clients are not to come to the clinic if they are sick or required to self isolate.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, must self-isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days
- Anyone under the direction of public health to self-isolate must follow those instructions
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms
- Staff appointment times have been staggered and standardized to limit the
- Clients are being advised to show up no more than 5 minutes early for their appointment times.
- Clients are encouraged to use automatic payments to minimize contact with debit terminals etc.
- We put blue Lines on the ground to direct traffic. Please follow these or the directions of your RMT.
- As the washrooms are a small space we are limiting to one client at a time.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PPE’s have not been required by the BC Centre for Disease Control or the College of Massage Therapists of BC for massage therapy services. Our RMTs will have access to masks and gloves upon request. Though we will have them on hand, we do ask that in consideration of supply shortages, clients who want to wear PPE and are able to supply their own do so.
What we are asking of clients:
Any massage therapy treatment involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission. Our clinic and your RMT are following recommended protocols to reduce the risk, but that risk cannot be reduced to zero.
Please use hand sanitizer on arrival at the clinic.
- Shower and change clothes before treatment
If you are coming from work or an environment in close contact with other people, we ask that you shower and change clothes before coming to the clinic.
- Personal protective equipment is not required
Clients are not required to wear any personal protective equipment during treatment. However you are welcome to bring and use your own if you wish.
- Inform your RMT if you would like them to wear a mask during the treatment
RMTs have not been advised to use personal protective equipment during treatment. However we do have masks available for RMTs. If you would like your RMT to use one, please let them know prior to treatment.
- Don’t come too early
We are asking clients to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their appointment start time.
- Avoid the waiting room if possible.
Please wait out in the mall area if you see more than 2 people at the front as we are a small facility and are doing our best to keep everyone 6 feet apart.
- Don’t come if you are sick or required to be in self isolation
We will not be able to treat any client who is showing signs of COVID-19 or has been directed to self isolate. This includes:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, must self-isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days.
- Anyone under the direction of public health to self-isolate must follow those instructions.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Give us notice if you need to change or cancel an appointment
We ask that clients give us as much notice as possible if you need to change or cancel an appointment.
Thank you for understanding, and we look forward to seeing you!
Receive a fitness program that has been designed for your individual needs and goals. Work with a qualified coach, in a small group of maximum 3 people.
Registered Massage Therapy
Rehabilitate an acute/chronic injury, or experience a relaxing massage. Have your therapist work with your coach to come up with the best plan for you!
“Working with Scott changed the way I viewed my health and fitness. I had never realized the true value of a personalized workout program until I had one and started seeing the results!”KatieRetail
“What an amazing team! They took the time to get to know me, and came up with a program that addressed my individual needs and goals. Everyone is extremely supportive and knowledgeable. But, what I love most is that they keep me accountable!”Aura BrooksGraphic Designer
“Excellent program! In 5 months I lost 15 pounds with small changes to my habits. I am exercising more consistently and eating better. I feel absolutely terrific!”NancyRetired
“After completing my personal assessment and starting out with a program designed specifically with my needs in mind I was amazed at the results I was seeing within a few weeks. I am now feeling stronger and more confident than I ever have!”MichaelElectrician
”Our mission is to create a supportive community in Kelowna where motivated people can come to experience the highest quality fitness, nutrition and therapy services. Each service that we provide takes into account the needs of each individual, and ensures the safe and effective attainment of their goals.Scott Stanger, FounderMSc, RMT, CAT(C), CSCS, Pn2,
GET SOCIAL WITH US
Keep up with what’s happening @optimiiize.kelowna!
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.